Location: Flexible within the UK with the ability to travel to London for team, candidate and client meetings as well as industry events on a regular basis.
We are looking for a highly experienced business development professional to effectively plan and execute Business Development and Sales activities with C-suite and board-level prospects, growing Swann’s revenue, and expanding its reputation within industry sector groups. This is a senior, frontline role within our organisation, reporting to the Managing Director.
The key functions of the Director – Business Development are to:
- Plan and implement lead generation and sales growth strategies
- strategically identify prospective clients, nurture and generate new sales leads
- convert leads to retained work by successfully pitching our services to prospective clients
- successfully manage the whole sales process and build lasting – and fruitful – relationships with clients
- serve as an ambassador for all the Group’s brands
The Director – Business Development will have key responsibilities in the following areas:
- Developing and maintaining knowledge of Swann’s services, as well as those of its sister brands, the industry we operate in, and contribute to thought leadership
- Developing and engaging with networks of decision makers, via face-to-face, video and phone channels
- Proactively manage and utilise the business’s CRM
- Generate and develop leads, maintaining and growing an appropriate sales funnel and pipeline
- Developing and presenting high quality proposals that are commercially appropriate
- Negotiating with prospective clients to secure mandates
- Contribute to client management during the delivery phase, liaising closely with the research team delivery the mandate
The ideal candidate will:
- have demonstrated executive search, recruitment or other professional services B2B sales experience in a Business Development or account management, or customer service-driven role that required creation of relationships, identification of opportunities and conversion. This could have been as a Sales Executive, a BDE, an Account Executive, or similar.
- have previous experience selling 5- and 6-figure contracts to executive and C-level clients
- have excellent listening, negotiation, influencing and networking skills
- have had exposure to natural resources, infrastructure, energy, construction and/ or manufacturing sectors (highly desirable)
Please complete the form below. If we think you’ll be a good fit for the Swann Group, we’ll be in touch to arrange an initial informal chat with a member of our recruitment team.